Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Happy Fall!

Happy Fall!


I kept my fall decorating simple. I like the look. It's hard for me to keep things simple. I usually like it a little flashy and lots of stuff. This is a huge change for me.


Here's another inside idea....


Recently I was gifted this fun tray and really cool vintage fabric from a friend. Notice the tray in the above picture?



My outside decor is also simple but cute.  Watch out for Christmas decorating though when I go all out! No simple decor then.


Sometimes I buy things that I have a hard time parting with. Usually I'll get rid of something else in order to justify keeping it. This was one of those things....


I fell in love with this picture and frame. When I found it at a garage sale, the lady looked at me like she couldn't believe someone actually wanted it! Of course I did. It's fabulous. I rearranged the paintings in my basement and decided to sell a barn scene painting. This painting is so worth it!

This Saturday, Sept 28, is the Johnny Appleseed event in downtown Crystal Lake. It's a family friendly event. Sunday, Sept 29, is the final Elkhorn WI flea market for the season. October 6 is the final Cedarburg WI flea market.  October 6 is also the Historical Museum's Cider Festival in Union.

Keep looking for those garage sales and rummage sales before it gets too cold for them. They are out there!

Happy treasure hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment