Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, October 7, 2011

3 Rummage Sales in One Day

Wow!  3 rummage sales in one day.  Now, that is what I call heaven!  I took the kids to the first one at the McHenry Lutheran Church since it started at 8am.  Ethan was thrilled that he found Pokemon videos in Japanese.  It was his day!  I found some wonderful quilted table runners.  They were for all seasons.  I put out the one for Autumn today.  Of course, Austin found some super soakers.  After I dropped them off at school, I headed over to the McHenry Methodist Church rummage sale that started at 9am.  Everyone from the previous sale was there.  I found some toys, jewelry and some sewing items.  I even found the kids a PSP game for $1.50.  Can't beat that.

I went to a few garage sales after that and bought some milk glass pieces I didn't have.  Hard to believe that I can find milk glass that I don't have.  I have been finding more and more of it lately. 

At 5pm, it was time for the sale at the Methodist Church in Crystal Lake.  Off went the kids and I and we headed straight for the toy room.  Austin found some remote controlled dinosaurs and a bag full of create- your-own light sabers from Star Wars.  Down in the housewares room I found, guess what, 1 piece of milk glass for 50 cents.  The best find, was a Kate Spade handbag in like new condition.  It will make a great gift.

You never know what treasures you will find.  I love rummage sales for that reason.  I always find lots of things.  I spent some time today putting away my treasures.  The best part about going to rummage sales is taking your time looking at and putting away the treasures that you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment