Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Goodwill Opens in Huntley

Today was the opening day for the Goodwill store in Huntley.  Of course, I had to go.  It was a mob scene.  You couldn't even get around the store.  The employees were constantly putting out new merchandise, so I had to go thru the store a few times.  I found the kids some items and I found a really old, neat porcelain dish for 49 cents.  I also found a really nice aluminum basket with a glass dish insert for 99 cents and an old wrought iron basket with a wooden handle for $1.99.    The best find were 2 vintage tablecloths.  The one is a map of Florida and is very colorful.  It will be going up for auction on Ebay soon.  It is highly collectible.  I also found 2 nice pins, of which one will be used on my knitting projects.   The best part of all is that I had a 20% off coupon to use.  (I have 2 more to use that are good until the end of November).  Looks like I will be going back quite often. 

Down the road from the Goodwill on Rte 47 is the Sweat Repeats Thrift Store.  I stopped in and found another crocheted apron.  This one is in blue and white.  I also found a pink apron and it was half off since it was pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Not bad for $1.50.  I also found another pin to use on my knitting projects.  Next week they will open the Christmas wonderland, so I'll stop by again then.

This is going to be a fun treasure hunt filled week.  Tomorrow is the Huntley First Congregational Church rummage sale.  I never miss this huge one.  Then on Friday is the Autumn Drive in Woodstock where about 13 farms/homes open up for selling goodies, pumpkins, you name it.  It is a lot of fun and the weather should be cool for some Autumn fun.  My cousin Barb and friend Mary will be joining me.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment