Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Thrift Stores Here I Come

I spent some time today visiting some thrift stores.  I went back to the Sparrows Nest in Cary to look at the vintage linens.  Alot had been sold since I was there on Saturday.  I did buy 3 today.  One was pretty with daisies, one was with crochet flowers and the other one had orange beads sewn right in while it was being crocheted.  I really loved all of the pieces.  Others on line were buying doilies too.  They change them seasonally in their homes just as I do.  I think we convinced another lady on line to do that too.  I also bought a flower sign to use outside in my garden.  It will be cute when I find the perfect spot for it in the Spring. 

I also stopped at Savers in Crystal Lake.  Monday is 25% off.  I found some blue material (74 cents and $1.49) to finally begin the quilt I want to make for Austin's room.  I needed some blue material and now that I found it, I have no more excuses to start it.  I also found a great vintage Christmas tablecloth with Santa and his reindeers ($2.99-fabulous price).  Love it!  I splurged a little on a Fenton (signed) milk glass basket with roses all around it.  It was, with the discount, $11.00.  I also found a cute aluminum piece for $1.49.  On Feb 20th, the store will be 50% off.  Guess where I'll be?

No comments:

Post a Comment