Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Snowy Day Estate Sale

Even with 9.3 inches of snow today and getting stuck in my driveway, I managed to get the kids to school on time and to go to an estate sale that sounded really good.  Caring Transitions does alot of estate sales in the area and they were having one in Woodstock today.  (I didn't get to the library sale in Richmond though.)  There wasn't a line today. I guess the snow scared alot of people away.  I found my first vintage Vera tablecloth for $5.  I was so excited.  It has vibrant flowers on it with Vera written large in the corner.  It has some yellow stains, but I soaked it in Oxy Clean and got alot of it out.  Vera linens are very collectible and now I have one to add to my collection.  I won't be selling it at this time.  I also found a really cute snowman tablerunner that was hand embroidered plus an elf ornament.  I have a few animal pins by Gerry and when I found 2 turtle pins ($5 for both) by them,  I couldn't pass them up.  My mother gave me a set of rose dishes that were made in Japan.  A few years ago, I found some replacement and extra pieces on Ebay to go with them.  Today, I was happy to find a covered butter dish that matches the pattern.  I paid a little extra for it ($8), but I had never seen a butter dish in that pattern and didn't want to risk losing it.  

Flea Market Style Magazine is out.  I love this magazine.  Ki is a master at recreating items into something completely different.  I have been looking up sales/flea markets that she lists in the magazine to go to in the summer.  Lots of fun awaits.  I would like to explore more in Wisconsin and Iowa this year.

For a snowy day, I didn't do that badly.  Tomorrow we are off to the Chicago Premium Outlets in Aurora.  I have my coupons in my purse already....  

No comments:

Post a Comment