Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

First Rummage Sale of the Season

Today was the first rummage sale of the season at United Methodist Church in Cary.  It started at 1pm, but us crazy diehards were there at 12 noon and talked until we could go in.  We compared notes on places we shopped in the winter and buys we found.  It was fun to see everyone.  We look forward to this all winter long.

The line wasn't as long as I thought it would be.  It cleared out after about 15 minutes into the sale.  There were alot of "things", but I only spent $4.  As I was walking to the toy area, I spotted the most beautiful milk glass cake plate for $3.  I grabbed it and shoved it into my bag without even looking for cracks.  I checked it before I left and it was in perfect condition.  I also found a vintage Santa ornament for 50 cents, a pin for 25 cents and troll earrings that I will give to my mom as a gag gift.  She collects trolls, so they were perfect and only 4 for 25 cents.  Afterwards, I stopped at the Sparrows Nest in Cary since it was only down the road.  I found a cute rabbit planter for $1 and 2 pins that cost $5 for both.  One was a cute frog and the other was a vintage purple stone pin in a starburst pattern.

Next Thursday is another rummage sale in Prairie Grove that I love to go to.  I'm counting down the days for that one.  Also, next Wednesday starts the Goodwill sale at Carsons.  You get discount coupons for every clothing item that you donate and they can even be used on Cosmetics.  Cosmetics never go on sale so this coupon is very valuable.   Even better, Lancome has their free gift at this time.  It's time to stock up on what you need.  I know that I will be.  You can also go online to the Goodwill site and play a game daily to win a gift card to Goodwill.  More ways to save and have fun while doing it.  So, go and clean out your closets to make room for new things.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment