Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, March 30, 2012

3 Days of Sales!

Yesterday, we started out the day by going to the indoor garage sale at Park Place in Crystal Lake.  It was a smaller than usual sale this year and we didn't find anything.  I passed up a really nice bookcase that was only $20, and when I went back to get it, it was sold.  You snooze you lose I guess.  So, we continued on to some garage sales and found a few things.  The boys found 3 Japanese Pokemon card packs still new in the package for $1 each and a Wii nunchuck for $1.  At another sale we found this great rose fabric covered bench for $3.  It was covered in a few coffee stains and black crayon marks all over it.  I used Goop hand cleaner on it (I use Goop on everything from clothes to furniture to remove stains) and then left it outside to dry out and get whatever sun there was.  It looks great and the stains came out.  I have it in my hallway and it gives the hallway a wonderful new look. 

Today, we went to a Church rummage sale at St. Paul's in Crystal Lake.  It is a small Church sale, but we found a few things.  Besides books, the boys found some Pokemon figures for 10 cents each.  I found a nice leaf bowl with gold trim for $1.50, a purse for 50 cents (I use the handles on my felted hand knitted bags), some cute vintage Easter bunnies (the whole lot was 25 cents) and 2 vintage pins for $1 each.  We had fun both days talking to our rummage sale friends that we only see during sales. 

Tomorrow is the big Huntley Indoor Garage sale at the Rec Center from 8-2.  There will be 59 vendors.  I'm all ready for the sale; only need to pack up the car.  I found a few more things to sell.  I'm hoping to sell almost everything so I don't have to pack it back up. 

I started on Austin's quilt last night.  The longest tedious part is cutting out the pieces.  I finished cutting out the pieces and hope to start sewing it soon.  That's the fun part.

No comments:

Post a Comment