Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Vase Collection

I spent some time yesterday rearranging and cleaning up my white vase collection that I have in my sunroom.  I use them, along with clear glass containers and other unique containers, to hold my seashell collection.  Most of my shells are from New Jersey beaches.  (I am a full fledged Jersey girl!)  Some of the shells are also from Myrtle Beach, Cape Hateras and others were gifts.  I love seashells.  Last year when the kids and I were in Atlantic City, we must have collected 20 lbs of shells.  I'm not kidding.  I could hardly carry the bag that they were in.  We were out at the crack of dawn and collected everything that we could find before the beach trucks ran them over and crushed them.  Anyway, back to my collection of vases.  They look nice with the shells and some driftwood.  I have them on a vintage green wicker table that I got at a garage sale about 10 years ago for $5.  I love the look and it matches with the green and white table and chairs that are in my sunroom. 

I also have some of them displayed on a taller white metal rack that I bought at Steelheart in Harvard.  I paid a little more for the shelf, but I loved it. 

I will be adding to my shell collection this summer.  Maybe I'll find some unique ones.  Nothing in the world compares to being on the beach.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment