Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Exploring Downtown Antioch

Ethan had a volleyball tournament in Antioch this morning.  Since there was about 1 1/2 hours before his next game, we went to each brunch.  We found this great diner, The Vault, that was reasonably priced and gave you lots of food.  A few doors down was the Village Thrift Store, and of course, we had to go.  I found a vintage rose pattern tablecloth for $3.99.  The tag said AS IS, but there was nothing wrong with it.  Austin found a Star Wars lightsaber, that worked, for $1.99.  We stopped at a store next door that was higher end stuff, and he had some vintage tablecloths for about $25.00.  The rose tablecloth I got was a steal!  I just soaked it in Oxy Clean and it looks great.  The Village Thrift Store had a lot of stuff packed into it. There was even a section for Retro Clothes.  You do need some time to look through this store.  I'm sorry that we only had about 20 minutes to run through it.  It was a nice find.  

No comments:

Post a Comment