Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Last Supper Paint by Number

The kids Spring break started today.  What better way to have fun then to go to the Goodwill store in Lake Zurich.  This is my favorite Goodwill store.  We circled the store a few times before we found our treasures.  We spotted the Last Supper paint by number on top of the painting bin.  Ethan loved it and wanted it for his room.  It was $6.99.  (But only $4.98 after the discounts.)   Austin found a joystick for the Genesis video game system for $1.99.  ($1.42 after discounts)  I found a red Japanese box for $1.99 ($1.42 after discounts) and a frog vase for 99 cents (70 cents after discounts)  While we were waiting in line, I spotted a Skylanders video game for the 3DS locked in a glass case.  The Goodwill price was $35.00.  Originally in the store it was $70.  Well, with a Goodwill card and over $20 in purchases, you receive an extra 5% off of each item.  On top of that, I had a 25% off coupon from my birthday.  (Goodwill sends this card out if you are a Goodwill member.  Membership is free.)  So, the Skylanders game was only $24.93.  Ethan was very excited since Austin already got the game at Christmas.  (I bought it at Toys R US when they had buy 1 and get the other at 50% off.) 

The Last Supper painting looks nice hanging over Ethan's bed.  It blends in well with the wooden walls in his room.  I made the quilt on his bed a few years ago.  The colors also blend nicely with the painting. 

I hope we find lots of deals during Spring break.  Half of the fun is just looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment