Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Vintage Linen Pillows

As you all know, I love vintage linens.  Especially embroidered pieces and tablecloths. (Christmas and floral ones)  I buy the tablecloths that have holes in them to make pillows with.  I never cut up linens that are in good condition.  Those are for my collection.  I have even started to make aprons and Christmas stockings. 

I started making pillows quite a few years ago and like to use vintage trim on them whenever possible.  Sometimes the trim looks vintage, but really isn't.  For the most part though, the more vintage the better.  I even make pillows from chenille bedbreads.   When I started making pillows, I entered them in the McHenry County (4H) Fair and won first prize 2 years in a row.  The kids started to call me the pillow queen.  On the picture that I have posted, the middle pillow and the one to the right of it, won the blue ribbons.  I have vintage linen pillows all over the house.  They are fun and easy to make and can be changed with the seasons.    It's another way for me to add to my linen collection.

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazing Milena... I love following your blog!

    ReplyDelete