Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Finally a few sales!

I have been enjoying my week being a kindergarten substitute, but I have also missed my unlimited time looking for treasures.

So, on Saturday, I headed for the downtown area in Crystal Lake to visit Material Girl.  It is a fabric shop plus.  In their basement is a large assortment of clearance fabric and trim.  I bought some tassels for about 30 cents each.  The trim is now 70% off and they still have a large assortment.  Around the corner is a great store, Carriage House Antiques.  I love it in there!  I found a pink metal candle holder for $3.  I am going to hang it outside on a tree, but not use a candle in it.  I am still looking for the right item to go in it.  They will be having their fall open house in a few weeks.  It is always so much fun going to it.  They even have food for the shoppers.  That's my kind of sale.  The downtown area is hosting a yearly event, Johnny Appleseed festival on Sept 28th.  The antique store across from Carriage House Antiques will be having a flea market during the event.  I'm definitely going to that.  I always like to go to a new flea market.

Remember, Thursday is the church rummage sale in Prairie Grove on Rt 176.  Saturday and Sunday is the last Mukwonago WI flea market.  Also, there is a church rummage/barn sale at the Kane County Flea Market that weekend. Lots of fun sales to go to. Hope you can make one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment