Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rainy Sunday

It has been raining all day so we never went up to Mukwonago for the last flea market weekend.  Bummer.  We will have to wait until next year for C.O.W. cheese curds.  Instead, I finished a pillow that has been sitting around for a while.  I found a needlepoint cat pillowcase when my friend Joyce was having a garage sale.  Austin knew that it would be perfect for his teacher who happens to love cats.  I didn't do much to it.  It was pretty stained so I soaked it in Oxyclean like I do with all of my linens.  Only one small spot didn't come out so I sewed a vintage material yo-yo to it.  Then, I added snaps and 2 red buttons as the closure.  When I was in New Jersey this summer visiting my family, I got hundreds of buttons from a family friend.  She used to sew for many design houses and these were her personal ones.  I couldn't believe how many there were and how beautiful they were.  So, I used 2 red ones from that collection.  The pillow turned out really cute.  I hope she likes it. 

I need to start sewing autumn pillows for my living room so that I can change them next week.  I will be on a break from the kindergarten substitute job next week and would like to begin fall cleaning/decorating.  So many plans.

This has also been a busy time for me since I am the co-chair for Gardenfest.  For those of you who don't know, Gardenfest is a yearly day long seminar of gardening classes put on by McHenry County College and the McHenry County University of Illinois Master Gardeners.  Next years date is April 5th.  So, I have been busy rounding up the presenters and topics since the brochure is being printed in a few weeks.  After that is done, things quiet down for a short while. 

Sept 20-21 is a vintage market at 6237 Linden Road, Rockford, Illinois from 9-4.  I went to the spring one with my friend Cecilia and had a great time.  I can't make this one since Homecoming and soccer take up that whole weekend.  I'm hoping for good weather for others to enjoy it.

The Methodist Church in McHenry is having their rummage sale Oct 3-5. I just saw the sign the other day advertising it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment