Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Beauty in the Garden

With all of the rain that we have been getting, the garden (and weeds) have been growing wild.  The daylilies look beautiful.  I have been trying to keep up with the weeding but with going away for a few days and then other projects, they have gotten away from me.  ( a little) 

The McHenry County Fair is from July 30-Aug 6.  Entries are due by July 11.  I turned in ours this week.  I always look forward to the fair.  We keep our fingers crossed that the vegetables and flowers will be ready for that time.

My favorite store on the Woodstock square, Interiors Anew, has a change in ownership with Karen and Addie staying as owners and adding 2 new women.  It is now called A New Interiors Anew.  I met Ann today.  The store is starting a makeover and I liked the look of it.  I'm excited for the changes, but will miss some of my "old" friends.  I'm sure that I'll be seeing them around at sales.

Cedarburg Flea Market in Wisconsin is on July 13 as well as the Union Historical Society Fair on that day in Union Illinois.  The Algonquin library book sale is from July 17-20 and Mukwonago flea market in Wisconsin is from July 19-20.  The Master Gardener Garden Walk starting at McHenry County College is on July 12.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment