Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Enjoying Some of Fall

Even though it was raining, we decided to spend some time at Edwards Apple Orchard in Poplar Grove.  They will be closing for the season on November 30th.  I love going to the orchard and experiencing everything that they offer.  They have the most wonderful barn full of edibles and home décor.  Downstairs is a café where you can get apple cider donuts, apple cider and more.  Austin fell in love with half popped popcorn so we made one last trip this season to stock up on them.  It's always sad when the season comes to an end.

But, one season ends and another holiday season begins.  I restocked my space at Carriage House Antiques.  We had such a wonderful open house this past week.  So many wonderful people came to help us celebrate.  I sold many vintage Christmas treasures.  It was nice to see how excited people were when they found that perfect treasure or one that brought back memories of their childhood.  It was wonderful to be a part of it all.

There are still many wonderful vintage Christmas treasures along with other treasures at Carriage House.  Things are always changing and new treasures are always being brought in.

It is snowing today here....a good day to clean the house and to prepare for Thanksgiving.  Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment