Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Decorating for Christmas

As soon as the Thanksgiving dishes are put away, decorating for Christmas in my house begins.  Since I worked at the Carriage House Antiques on Friday, I started as soon as I got home.  I just love to bring out the vintage ornaments where I am always in awe of their beauty.  Vintage Santa and elves are my favorite.  I put up my 3 vintage tinsel silver trees where each have a theme.  The smallest one is for Santa only.  One is for vintage figures that I purchased on my treasure hunts this year and the other one is for vintage ball ornaments that I also purchased sometime this year on my treasure hunts.  I did bring out some old favorites.  I had to!

I like to set up the vintage decorations first before I set up the tree.  It's nice to spend time on each so that I can savor the moment.  We will probably put up the tree this weekend.  We usually put up a real tree.  We don't go far.  Usually just to Menards where they have a nice selection for a good price.  It has become our tradition.

Enjoy making memories this holiday season!



No comments:

Post a Comment