Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Some Redecorating

These past few weeks have been extremely busy.  Time is just flying by.  I was going to have a garage sale this weekend, but with so much going on, I just couldn't.  There's prom for Ethan and Austin's birthday.  Way too much to prepare for.

In between everything else, I did some redecorating.  I found the most amazing blue velvet chairs at the Huntley church rummage sale and I just couldn't part with them.  I love them!  I found the perfect spot in my bedroom for them.  The chair I had in my bedroom is now in the basement for extra seating.

I have been looking around for a cabinet for Austin's room to hold all of his collections.  I finally found a metal locker cabinet at an estate sale this past week when it was half price.  $7 seemed like a great price to pay for it.  Yesterday we rearranged his room (and dusted).  It looks so much brighter in there now.  He even likes it.  We used a 3 tiered shelf that we didn't need in his room anymore to hold collectibles in Ethan's room.  It's always fun to move pieces around the house for the perfect fit.  The plus side in all of this is that Austin got rid of some items and we put them in the garage sale bin.  It was a very productive day.  Hopefully I will have the garage sale in May (weather permitting).

On Thursday there is a church rummage sale on Bull Valley Road/Crystal Lake Avenue in McHenry starting at 12 noon.  Also, this Friday, Saturday and Sunday is a vintage garden show at the Waukesha County Expo Center in Waukesha WI.  Keep your eyes open for garage sales and estate sales.  The season is just getting warmed up.

Happy treasure hunting!





No comments:

Post a Comment