Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, October 19, 2015

Still Finding Sales....

There are still so many wonderful sales going on.  This past weekend was Autumn Drive in Woodstock.  That was so much fun!  This year the weather was perfect for a fall day in the country.  I got to spend it with my cousin as our yearly ritual.  Finding a few treasures makes it even better.

My family and I spent this past weekend in Ft. Wayne Indiana for a Pokemon Regional Tournament. As we were driving home on Sunday, we drove past a sign for a vintage resale shop.  I did a quick u-turn and found Spill the Milk at 3152 W. Morthland Drive in Valparaiso Indiana.  It was a fun stop. They have been open for 1 year and have a really nice mix of items.  They are having their Christmas Holiday Market on Nov 21-22 from 9-4pm.



I have been monitoring the weather for this week so I can have a garage sale on Friday.  It feels like I just had one.  I brought home a lot of garden items from the store and will put them into the sale.  I just wanted to clean out my space at the store to make room for the holidays.  Not to mention that I needed to clean out some things from my house too.  I started organizing and setting up today. Tomorrow will be the busiest day for setting up.  I like to have things ready way ahead of time.  So, as I was bringing stuff home, I decided to keep a really rusty base.  I just love the patina and look.  It looks really nice in front of my garage with a metal pumpkin on it.


There is a rummage sale on Thursday at the 1st Congregational Church on Pierson Street in Crystal Lake starting at 9am.  Keep looking for those garage sales and estate sales.  Since the weather has been so nice, garage sales are still going on.  

Happy treasure hunting!

2 comments:

  1. HI Milena,
    Looks like a fun trip. Yep our weather is so great and love that the outdoor shows and sales have been so nice. Have a great week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Milena :)

    I hear the weather has been gorgeous out there and the leaves are changing. Ours are just starting.

    Looks like you had a good time! I hope the garage sale was profitable :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete