Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, February 8, 2016

Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake

While I was getting my car tire repaired, I took advantage of the free WI-FI and looked up ideas on Pinterest.  I came across a recipe for Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake from Taste of Home and since I had frozen blueberries I thought I would try it.


It was easy to make (one of my baking requirements) and most importantly, it is delicious!  The recipe is on my Baking section on Pinterest if you are interested.


Since I decorate extensively for Christmas, I keep my decorations for Valentine's Day at a minimum. I like treasures with pinkish flowers and lately I have started a new collection obsession with small floral pitchers.


Make sure to check out the Vintage Shop Hop (https://www.facebook.com/VintageShopHopEvent)
March 4-5 where at least 250 shops in Illinois and Wisconsin are participating.  Each stop has their own specials and lots of treasures.  Carriage House Antiques is on the list!  It's such a fun way to have a day of just vintage shopping.  Obviously you can't get to each shop, but its nice to find out about other shops for a future trip.  We had people coming in throughout the year that had found out about us from this event.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment