Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, July 18, 2016

Adding to My Collection

I found another ironstone pitcher this week!  That's 2 this week and both were only $5 each.  I'm keeping both for my new collection.  That's how it all starts.  I can't believe how lucky I was to find them both.


Another thing I have always loved is white enamel pitchers.  I had 1 and was happy with it.  Until I found 2 more and then I found another one at the Cedarburg WI flea market yesterday.  I guess I have another collection!


The white enamel pitchers go so well with the milk glass.  The enamel pitchers have gone up in price since I started buying them.  I bought the one yesterday for $12 but most that I have seen are at least $38 and up.  That's why I grabbed that one.

Even though it rained all the way on our drive to Cedarburg, it stopped just as we got there and we found street parking.  That saved us $10 (the cost to park in the fair ground lot).  There were still vendors to shop from and the crowd was thin so it was really easy to walk around.  The morning was cool so it was enjoyable all around.

I spent a few hours helping out at the Harvard Community Garden as I like to do on Monday mornings, as much as I can.  It's my 9th year as a Master Gardener and it's my 9th year helping out at the garden.


The harvest was over 900 lbs today.  We even had a reporter from the Northwest Herald there to do a story in the near future.  It's so rewarding to know that we are helping families in need.  It's also a great way to learn about vegetable gardening


 In the afternoon, I spent some time reworking my booth at the Carriage House and marking items on sale.  We are getting ready for the sidewalk sales in downtown Crystal Lake next week, July 28-30.  I also brought in some new items so that my space looks refreshed.


Keep cool this week.  Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment