Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Can It Be March Already?

I can't believe that it is March 1st today.  Time is really getting away from me.


It felt like spring last week, but today I'm watching the snow flakes on and off in my yard.  At least the weather will get warmer in the next few days so that everyone enjoying the Vintage Shop Hop won't have to deal with the cold.

I have been so busy preparing my space at the Carriage House for this Friday and Saturday and in preparing for the Elgin High School Flea Market on March 12th that things have been a little crazed around here.  But fun!

I couldn't resist two estate sales last weekend.  I brought home two pieces of small furniture.


The bookshelf is really tall and had wobbly feet on it which I took off.  It looks better without them but if I find small feet I just may put those on.  It has such a nice look to it.

I also found time to switch out the Valentine decorations for spring/Easter items.  I love bringing out my vintage Easter treasures and mixing them with newer ones.  At least its spring inside my home.


and out.....



Make sure to check my 2017 list of my favorite flea markets.  I have been adding dates as I find them.  March 12 is the Elgin High School flea market starting at 9am with early bird entry for an additional fee at 8am.  I'm at booth 195 in the gym to the left as you enter the school.  I'm bringing a mix of items, including vintage Christmas!

The first rummage sale on my calendar is on March 9 at the Church in Prairie Grove on Route 176 starting at 9am.  The season is starting!

In addition to the Vintage Shop Hop on March 3-4, the Woodstock Farmers Market is open on Saturday (March 4) at the Fairgrounds.  You will find the best soap vendor there from Whitewater WI.  My favorite is the lavender soap which I use in every closet and drawer in my house.

On April 8 will be Gardenfest at McHenry County College run by the college and by the University of Illinois Extension McHenry County Master Gardeners.  It's a fun filled day of gardening classes and a few hands on classes.  The keynote is Melinda Myers. http://www.melindamyers.com/  Registration is open until the end of March but the hands on classes are filling up fast. http://www.mchenry.edu/gardenfest/

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment