Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Happy Spring!

Happy spring!



Time to catch up on what's been happening......

The Elgin High School Flea Market was a lot of work but also very rewarding.  I sold quite a bit so I was happy.  I really admire those of you who sell at flea markets on a regular basis.  I'm gearing up for my twice yearly garage sale which hopefully will be in April.


I thought I would share some pictures of some finds I bought recently.


A whole roll of beautiful (new) toile fabric. I love the figures depicted on it.


A simple topiary that accents my Wendell August Forge hammered aluminum.


An estate sale filled my car with garden related treasures.  A white wicker table, a rusted ball sculpture and a small white chippy table.



Black iron pieces.  The funny thing is that this person must have shopped my space at Carriage House Antiques because so many of the garden items were bought from me.  I didn't buy back any of my items though.  I wanted someone else to enjoy them.


I hope you can see this large birdcage surrounded by other things in my garage.  I found the birdcage at another estate sale later in the afternoon.  What a great find!  I was super excited!

Another thing I'm super excited about is that sale season has begun!  Slowly garage sales are popping up.  Estate sales are becoming more regular too.

So, in between spring cleaning (I broke my son's floor lamp while moving his mattress.  Good thing he was back in college so I had time to find another one), I had a few minutes to craft.


I saw something similar at TJMaxx and knew that I could make the same thing.  I found these really neat glass tealight holders at Kirklands and attached a vintage earring to each and topped them with a silk rose.  I didn't attach the rose since there is a tealight inside.  You can display it two ways.  Really simple but so darling.  I found the roses at Savers thrift store.  I like to stock pile flowers just for this reason.  You never know when a creative idea will strike.

My friend Cecilia found this adorable needlework pillow while at the Hunt and Gather market in Woodstock during the Vintage Shop Hop.  She couldn't part with its partner, so she gifted me with the other one.  I love it!  It has a nice spring theme with the birds and flowers. (It blends in nicely with my other pillow).


Well, I'm all caught up for now.  Yard work begins soon since the flowers are popping up all over.  I decided this year to hire someone to remove the leaves from the flower beds so that I can focus on other areas in the yard.  (or maybe I'm just getting older and can't do all of that work anymore). Which gives me time for going to more sales!

Happy treasure hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment