Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, April 24, 2017

Spring Updates

Well, I did it!  The weather was decent for my spring garage sale.


It wasn't raining but it started out as a really cold day.  My friend Cecilia and I waited in the house and when we saw a car coming down my driveway, we ran outside.  It did get warmer as the day progressed and more people were venturing outside.  It turned out to be a really good sale.  All of the items that didn't sell,  I donated to the Bethesda Thrift Store in Crystal Lake.  It's so refreshing to clean out the house.  It's amazing what accumulates.


So now that my house is clutter free, I had some time to put away the Easter decorations and focus on spring.  I always love to change the doilies to fit the season.  I like more of a turquoise color and yellow for spring.


I also like to lighten the color of my pillows in the living room.  I found these great floral pattern ones at TJMaxx.  I couldn't pass them up.


I found the small floral one at Target (for $5)-super cute.  The other pillow I made from a needlepoint piece that I found at a sale.  They both go so well with my $3 bench from a garage sale.


Recently at a thrift store, I found a great metal garden piece that I originally had intended to sell at the Carriage House.  But, the more I looked at it, the more I loved it.  So for now, I will keep it.


It really fits in well with my fireplace and with my turquoise colored pottery vases.



Some simple changes seasonally really are easy to do.  A friend of mine gifted me with a vintage handmade quilt from her family.  I was extremely touched and honored that she gave it to me.  It blends in so nicely with my living room colors. I keep it folded in my blanket basket to use when I'm sitting around reading.


Look how beautiful it is when spread out a little.


Remember, there are lots of sales coming up this week.  On Thursday there are a few. The one originally listed for Wednesday at the Presbyterian Church on Route 47 in Woodstock is really starting on Thursday.  In the afternoon is the First Congregational Church in Crystal Lake starting at 4pm.   The Methodist Church in Woodstock on South St is also having a rummage sale on Thursday. I'm not sure of the start time though.  On Friday is the rummage sale in Linn WI at the Presbyterian Church starting at 7am.

Happy treasure hunting!

1 comment:

  1. That quilt is so beautiful, Milena! What a wonderful gift.

    I'm glad you had a good garage sale. I need to have one myself. It's just a matter of doing it lol

    Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete