Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Thinking of the Garden

Saturday was the annual Gardenfest at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake presented by the college and the McHenry County University of Illinois Extension Master Gardeners. Melinda Myers was the keynote speaker.  It was a fun educational day.  The turnout was large even on a warm sunny day.

There were numerous vendors with garden related items.  One in particular had metal work of flowers, fish and other creative pieces.  I bought a flower to put into my growing metal garden area.


I already have a few other metal flowers in the area.  This one I bought years ago at a fair in Woodstock on the square.


This one I bought at the Woodstock Old Courthouse that housed an art gallery.


So, even when the flowers haven't bloomed yet, I still have flowers in my garden year round. Not all of them are this large.  There are a few smaller metal flowers in there too.

My collection of flower frogs is growing slowly.  I recently found 2 more in Rockton IL at Rubies N Rust. https://www.facebook.com/RubiesnRustAntiques/


I have them displayed on the ledge of my basement window.  In the growing season, flowers blanket the background.  Now the alliums are just starting to come up.


And here's the other half with the vintage watering can.


Keep your eyes open for the many church rummage sales that are in the next 2 weeks.  Thursday April 13 at 9am is the Tree of Life sale on Bull Valley Rd in McHenry.  Thursday April 20 at 8am is the Zion Lutheran church sale on W. Elm Street in McHenry.  Wednesday April 26 at 8am is the First Presbyterian church sale on N. Route 47 in Woodstock. Thursday April 27 at 4pm is the First Congregational Church sale on Pierson St in Crystal Lake.

Happy treasure hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment