Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, June 19, 2017

Redecorating

I have been on a mission to redecorate my house.  Nothing major. Just small changes.  I realized that I had some things for what seems like forever and I just didn't notice them anymore.  They didn't bring joy into my life.  So, it was time for a change.


I redecorated "my room" around the ocean painting.  My friend Cecilia gave it to me and it took me awhile to find the right place for it.  It looks great surrounded by some of my seashell collections.  I especially like how the pottery "shells" look with it.  My yellow wall seems to highlight the collections even more.  I love how the yellow walls always bring a happy note to my day.  

You can get a glimpse of my books and oddities that I collect like the vintage plastic cows and flower frogs that I use to hold pictures.  There are even some crafts that my boys made when they were younger that I can't part with.

On to the dining room.....


I had been looking for a vintage cow pitcher and I found one!  I went to a church flea market last weekend and it was there with some hammered aluminum coasters that I couldn't pass up either.  I put it on top of the china cabinet with the white enamel pitchers and milk glass.



At that same flea market, I found three vintage leather Coach purses for $5 each.  What a great flea market it was! The one on the top left is not vintage, but I found it at a garage sale for $3. I guess I'm collecting vintage leather Coach purses now.




On to my bedroom....



I worked really hard on my perfume bottle collection.  It looks so much better now.  I still have quite a few of the larger sizes.  The miniature ones are the ones that I really wanted to purge.


With each process of purging my treasures, it gets easier.  I keep tweaking the area and most of the time something else gets eliminated.  It feels good.  It feels lighter.

But....

I went to two flea markets this weekend.  The one in Belvidere IL was on Saturday night from 3pm to midnight.  I went at 3pm.  I can't stay awake that long any more.  I found a few things.  I like this once a year flea market because its small and there are always treasures to find.  Afterwards, we stop at Smokin Coop BBQ Pit for ribs and pulled pork sandwiches.  It's well worth the stop.

On Sunday, we went to the Wilmot WI flea market.  I haven't been there for over a year.  It's held every Sunday.  It was so much fun!  It is definitely worth the trip.  There is everything from total junk to rust to toys to food.  You name it.  


I found another Statue of Liberty to add to my collection and the best find was an Arthur Armour gold hammered aluminum tray for $5. I spotted that from far away.  

How exciting it was to read the Sunday newspaper and see that the Carriage House was chosen as One of the Best Vintage Clothing and Furniture shops by the reader's of the Northwest Herald.  


Sunday is the Elkhorn WI flea market.  Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment