Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Milk Glass Makeover

I finally finished my milk glass makeover!  I have two large tubs full to sell at the Carriage House.  I have slowly been taking in pieces so as not to overwhelm anyone.  It can be overwhelming when you see how big of a collection I had.  In the back of the top shelf is a hammered aluminum tray by Arthur Armour that I found at the Wilmot Flea Market.  It's a keeper.


The other cabinet has a mixture of colored glass, crystal, aluminum and milk glass.



While I was at it, I redid the cabinet in my kitchen.  That one has a mixture of milk glass, blue colored glass and a cabbage piece.


Since I was on a roll, I redid the cabinet in my dining room and cleaned out the little collectibles in it. I left the hammered aluminum pitchers on top of it.


I love that these collections are more tailored down to pieces that I really love.  I hadn't seen some of them for a while since they were so buried with other pieces.  I'm sure that I'll get the urge to redo the cabinets when it gets colder outside, but for now, I'm done!  I like how the cake plate looks with the hammered aluminum candlesticks.

With that done, I have been out treasure hunting as much as I can.  One of the best finds ever was at an estate sale last week.


These two cabinets were in the chicken coop!  I grabbed them right away.  The top one is all wood and really heavy and the bottom one is metal.  So cool....

Hope you have been taking advantage of all of the sales in your area.  Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment