Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Recap

The Elgin High School Flea Market was such a success and so much fun! My friend Cecilia and I had booths side by side so it was easier to help each other out. Last year we were back to back and it was too difficult to help each other. We are getting into a routine now for selling at this flea market.

Here's the work in progress....


Here's the completed booth space....with Cecilia in the booth next to me.


some more pictures of my booth...


and more.....


and one more....


I have gotten so good at cramming in the treasures. Christmas was the first to go. Each year is so different for what people are looking for. Now that the flea market is over, I'm planning my garage sale for sometime in April. I'm energized to clean out. I just purged more from my collections of Hull pottery and seashell boxes. So much lighter and brighter in my home. (and heart)

One collection I didn't pair down (yet) is my flower frog collection. At the Elgin flea market I found this vintage yellow metal flower frog. I had never seen one like it and just couldn't walk away from it. I fits in well with the yellow pig planter.


While pairing down some of my collections, I rearranged my milk glass collection in the pantry.


On April 5 starting at 8am is the Zion Lutheran Church rummage sale on Route 120 in McHenry.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment