Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Recap

It's been a long time since I had time to post. Sorry. So many things happening with only so many hours in the day!

Let's start with the Pepper Road and Friends Vintage Spring Market that I was a part of in Lake Barrington on May 5. I had a great time, met some wonderful people and the weather was perfect for my first time setting up a tent.


The booth behind me was Rusty Anchor Design Co and she put up this wall as part of her display. It enhanced my space so much! Plus it blocked some of the wind that came later in the day.


This was my space before the wall, all set up by 7am!

I finally finished decorating wall space in my room. I had hung two vintage sheep prints and an empty frame that I fell in love with. I was waiting to find the perfect insert for the frame. I found another sheep print (darling but not old, but that's ok) at Simone-Michele Antiques in Ridgefield. The chippy white frame was perfect for the look I was after. I also hung a vintage sheep postcard and a darling felted sheep heart on the frame.


While at The Shops of Ridgefield, I came across this vintage enamel pitcher at Country Church. It was larger then the ones in my collection so I had to have it. Paired with my magazine obsession on the coffee table, it looks so nice.


Even fake flowers when displayed like this, look great!


I have been searching for a vintage yo-yo quilt for so long. I let one go a few years back and it has haunted me ever since. So, when I found this one, I was over the top excited!


I have some free time now until next Friday when my son graduates from high school. My last child to graduate. It's bittersweet. His life is beginning. A whole world to explore. In a way, my life is beginning anew also. I'm trying to grasp that excitement and let life lead me where I need to go. It's definitely a journey, with tears along the way.

It's another fun filled weekend! On Saturday is Main Street Market in Rockord put on by Urban Farmgirl. On Saturday and Sunday is the Pecatonica Flea Market and on Sunday is the opening of the season at the Elkhorn Flea Market in Elkhorn WI. Not to mention the large amount of garage sales listed for this weekend.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment