Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Unusual display cases

I always buy wrought iron stands even if I don't have any ideas at the moment of how I will use them.  In the past, I have used them as shoe stands or some as plant stands.  Take a look at the picture of how I displayed my sons growing collection of nutcrackers.  It looks great and leaves room for him to add a lot more.

A few years ago, I bought a few large wooden (doll) houses.  I wasn't sure where I would store or display them, but, I loved how they looked.  I came across an article in an issue of Country Living Magazine of how a homeowner used a large doll house in her laundry room.  So, I borrowed that idea and hung up one of mine.  It now holds all kinds of items that I use regularly.

So, don't be afraid to buy something that you like just because you can't think of an immediate need for it.  You never know when inspiration will strike.   

No comments:

Post a Comment