Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Kitchen Chairs

Some time ago, I had realized that I needed new kitchen chairs.  Wood glue wasn't doing the trick anymore.  But, I didn't want to spend alot on new chairs.  In the town of McHenry, there is a once a year major garbage throw out day.  After picking up the kids from school one day, I happened to see that someone had thrown out 6 dining room chairs and a table.  5 of the chairs were in good condition and only seemed to need new seat covers.  So, we loaded all 6 chairs into my minivan and drove off.  (I left the table for someone else since I didn't need a table). I washed them off and spent a few hours struggling to get off the 2 layers of old seat covers that someone had used thousands of staples to adhere.  But, free is free and I finally recovered 5 of the chairs.  I have a nice selection of fabric in my collection that I used to recover the chairs.  The cane on the 1 chair was broken so I left it on the curb and someone else picked that one up.  The chairs match my existing table perfectly and I now have new kitchen chairs.  It only cost me my time and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment