Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Rainy Sunday

Sunday was the perfect rainy weekend day to create something.  I spent most of the day using my vintage towels and tablecloths (with holes in them) and lace to create aprons.  I always buy vintage tablecloths/towels even if they have holes in them because I know that I will use them for something.  I don't feel guilty cutting them up since they already have condition problems.  I had a great time sewing and putting my "finds" to use.  I have some more tablecloths and will try to make some more aprons this week.  They will be great Christmas presents.   The last Elkhorn Flea Market (Elkhorn, WI) of this year is on Sunday, and I hope to find more lace and things I can use when I sew.  I also finished another one of my felted purses.  This one is thicker than the others I have made.  My son, Austin, said that it is the best one I have made.    You can see my other purses on:  pathtojunkentreasure.etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment