Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Crafting Felt Hearts

Last year I crafted felt hearts using vintage aluminum light holders and tinsel as well as vintage fabric to embellish them.  They came out so wonderfully that I thought I would make them again this year.  I especially love how the red hearts came out.

I used vintage earrings and vintage fabric yo-yos to embellish them.  I even had some great crochet pieces that I used on them.  The pink sparkle felt heart came out wonderfully too.  I also put crushed lavender in them.  (I had no idea how hard it was to find lavender at this time of year.  This summer I will be sure to harvest lavender and dry it from my garden.)

I had drawn the heart free hand and then saved the sample for future use.  The embroidery thread that I used to sew it all together was found at sales.  I always buy embroidery thread when I find it because it can be used on so many projects.  I just happened to have the right red and pink colored threads to match the felt.  I try to collect objects all year round when I find something that I really like and am not quite sure what I will use it for.  There will always be some way to use it on something.  I just had to go into my stash to find the perfect items to embellish the hearts with.

This weekend (Saturday and Sunday) is a flea market in Milwaukee at the State Fair Park called Rummage-a-rama.  It is located at 640 S. 84th St in West Allis WI.  Enter at Gate 5.  Parking is $5.  Admission is $4 per person.   (Check the construction updates because the ramp for 84th St off of WB I-94 is closed for the winter).  I have not been to this before so I don't really know anything about it.  If the weather is fine, I just may have to check it out.

Happy treasure hunting!


1 comment:

  1. Your little hearts are adorable. We have a monthly flea market I love to run to, you never know what you will find! Happy Hunting!

    ReplyDelete