Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

It's a New Year!

Happy New Year to you!

I am a few days late I know, but things have been busy.  After taking down all of the decorations, (at home first) and then at Carriage House Antiques, I spent 5 hours at the store redecorating and putting out Valentine treasures.  The booth looks so light and airy.  I love it!

Even though the snow is falling outside right now and the temperatures are sooooo cold, I'm thinking of spring.  The new Vintage Style magazine is out and it is a really good issue.  Maybe because we are stuck inside and the kids have been home for 2 days due to school being cancelled, I'm dreaming of flea markets and looking for treasures.  The Vintage Style magazine makes it worse since the pages are full of wonderful treasures to hunt for.

I have also been busy preparing for my presentation at Gardenfest on April 11th this year at McHenry County College.  I'm presenting on Flea Market Gardens.  It has been fun researching and seeing pictures of what others have done to their gardens.  But again, it makes me dream of spring and all that will come with the warm weather.

Remember, rummage sales will start in March and that isn't really that far off.  It gives me time to organize my home for all of the treasures that I will be filling it with shortly.

Keep safe and warm this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment