Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Just a Few Things.....

I always love finding vintage Christmas treasures.  I look for them all through the year.  What a surprise it was to find a load of them the other day.  I had seen the sign for a moving sale on Thursday night when Austin and I were out.  So, on Friday I decided to see what it was all about.  The sale had started on Wednesday so I didn't think there would be much left.  How wrong I was!  The back room in the basement had boxes full of vintage Christmas.  My trunk was filled when I left.  I found 14 boxes of Shiny Brite ornaments, a vintage Nativity scene and many other figure ornaments.  I couldn't believe it.  The man said that no one had even looked at the Christmas items until Friday.  I'm glad I got there early.  Usually once a season of looking for treasures, I stumble upon something like this.  I'm still going through the boxes.  They are so lovely.

After that I thought I should keep going and I found another sale.  Behind some other items, I spotted a giant pig that happened to be a bank.  Too cute not to get.  I just have to clean it up and it will be even cuter.  I love the unexpectedness of treasure hunting.  The not knowing what you will find is part of the fun.

But, here are some planned upcoming events:  There is another Rummage-a rama in West Allis WI this weekend at the State Fair Park.  March 5-8 is the Algonquin Library book sale.  Remember that there is a $10 fee on Thursday only.  March 12 is a rummage sale in Prairie Grove on Route 176 starting at 9am.  March 6-7 is a Vintage Shop Hop where over 200 shops will be having sales.  There is a map on Facebook at Vintage Shop Hop for all of the participating stores all over Wisconsin and Illinois.  It should make for a fun 2 days.

I have started spring cleaning in my house.  I like to begin towards the end of February because once the weather starts to warm up, I'm outside in the garden.  I had to buy a new vacuum and it was amazing to see what a bad job my old one did.  The house looks so much brighter after using the new one.

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment