Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Redo

I'm in the mood to redo some things in my house. 

For 2 years I have been looking for a cabinet to hold some of the small pieces in my hammered aluminum collection. I never liked the one I was using but it served its purpose until I could find one that I liked. 


So yesterday while I was out delivering a chair to get reupholstered (more on that in a minute) I stumbled upon this cabinet. It was perfect and easy enough for me to move. 


It fits perfectly in the spot. Thank goodness because I left my measurements at home and had to eyeball it for size.


So now to the chair. I found some great fabric that I stashed away until the right project came along.  This chair... 


The fabric was awesome but it was worn on the arms and a few other areas. But for $5 years ago and through 2 kids who loved to sit in it, it was time for a new look. 

Stay tuned in about a month for the change. 

I also have been working on my sunroom and purging my seashell collection. 


I've kept the really large ones but only one container of small ones. And you know what has happened? The past few sales I've been to have had lots of shells and I have closed my eyes and walked away from them. It wasn't easy!


Love this vintage green wicker table that I found over 20 years ago. It looks nicer with some of my green pottery collection.


Even my patio table and chairs looks fresher. 


I just wanted to show you my cute finds today.


I'm definitely keeping the cow creamer. He's already in the barn with the others. 

Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment