Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, July 27, 2012

I Had a Great Time!

Some garage saleing days are more fun than others.  Today was one of those days.  The kids and I went to the Shepherd of the Hills church rummage sale and found some nice things.  I found a needlepoint doily for $3, a Japanese miniature vase for 50 cents, a $2 nutcracker for Austin (he informed me that was his 86th), a pin for $1, a milk glass covered dish chicken for $1, 2 miniature glass paper weights for 50 cents each,  and the kids found a box full of a Nintendo Nes/games, a gameboy with games and a psp carrying case all for $10. 

We then went on to some garage sales and found some video games for $2 each.  In Woodstock, we hit some sales on S. Madison Street and found some nice things.  I found a Pam Duthrie garden book for $1 (she was the keynote speaker for the Master Gardener conference at MCC a few years ago and her books were $50 each), a metal stamp stand for $1 that I will use to hold pictures, and a Statue of Liberty plate for $1. 

Woodstock is having sidewalk sales that will continue on Saturday, so we walked around the square to see what we could find.  At my favorite store, Interiors Anew, I found a wonderful intricately carved coffee table for $38.  I loved it and decided to buy it without knowing exactly where I would put it.  Once I got it home, I put it into the guest room and it looks great.  Seasons by Peg also had some good deals and the upstairs room is 75% off. 

I redecorated the guest room by adding the coffee table that I just bought with a wrought iron stand that I spray painted white yesterday.  I had gotten it at a garage sale a while ago for $3 and finally had time to work on it.  It looks nice holding the metal stamp stand, McCoy planter and scale that I use to weigh my Ebay items up for auction.

Saturday and Sunday is the Gallery in the Garden in Woodstock where artists sell their goods in a garden setting.  It is a really nice event.   Since the weekend is supposed to have nice weather, it will be a perfect setting.  On August 9, Calvary Baptist Church on Rt 31 in Crystal Lake will have their rummage sale.  This is a nice large sale that we love to shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment