Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mukwonago Flea Market

We all went to the Mukwonago Flea Market today.  What a beautiful day it was!  Not too hot, but sunny.  There weren't a lot of vendors there, but of course, we found some things.  Or I should say, the kids found things.  Austin is taking an archery class, so he found a bow and Ethan negotiated the price down to $10.  The boys also found some books/magazines for $1, a Simpson comic book for $5 (Austin talked this one down) and I found a piece of fabric with chickens on it for 50 cents.  We ate way too many deep fried cheese curds, but enjoyed every minute of it.  You can't go to this flea market without getting them from C.O.W.  They are the best.

The boys just had to try a deep fried twinkie and deep fried oreo cookies.  I think we had our share of deep fried foods to last a lifetime.  There are 2 more flea markets in Mukwonago this season.  I'm sure we'll go to them.

Shepherd of the Hills Church on Green Street in McHenry is having a rummage sale on Friday at 8:30.  I have never been there for a rummage sale, so I'm looking forward to going there.  I am still planning on having my garage sale on Thursday, but I'm keeping a close look at the weather forecast and may have to postpone it until August.  I hope not because I'm ready to get rid of lots of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment