Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Loose Ends

I spent today and the past week finishing up projects and just cleaning up/organizing around the house.  I finished another knitted felted purse in off white.  I had made a brown one and didn't like how it turned out, so I used that one to cut out flowers to use on the off white bag.  I love how it turned out!  I used 2 vintage buttons on the flowers and as usual, used a handle from a bag I bought at a rummage sale.    I have a red one to finish also, but, I don't have a handle for it.  Guess I have to go to more sales to find the right color.

The shells I found in Florida are finally put away.  I found a clear vase that I put away in the basement to hold the coral.  It now sits on the green wicker table with the other shells.  I reorganized the shell collection and it looks good.  The rest of the large shells are sitting on my fireplace mantle until Fall. 

We stopped in at Savers in Crystal Lake today, but didn't find any treasures.  I'm hoping that there are some garage sales tomorrow.  Austin and I finished going through the toys in the basement and have a box ready for a garage sale.  I'm selling my candle making supplies this time.  I haven't made any candles in a long time and don't think I will be needing the supplies.  I have 2 large slabs of wax to sell also.  I'm hoping to have the sale either July 26 or 27.  I'm not sure yet if I'll have a one or two day sale.  I still have a lot of stuff to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment