Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, September 7, 2015

It's Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day!  Even though it feels like summer still outside, we all know that Labor Day usually signifies summer's end.  I'm okay with that.  I am looking forward to the cool temps of the fall.  I also love the changing colors.    (I'm not ready for the "S" word though.  It's still too early for that.)

I spent a part of today putting my fall decorations outside.  It was way too hot to do more.

Speaking of hot, yesterday we went to the Cedarburg WI flea market.  It was unbearably hot.  We managed to spend the day there, but I was wiped out by the end.  It was nice to see some of the fall treasures that the dealers had set up.  The last one, October 4th, is my favorite because of all of the holiday treasures that are there.

I did find some treasures and of course I found another scale.  It is black and sooooo rusty and chipped.  It was perfect!


November 14th is a craft fair at the Elkhorn WI fair grounds.  I have gone to it before and found some really nice items.  It is held in a few different locations away from the fair grounds also and you have to drive to each one on your own.  That part was a little confusing for me since I'm not from that area, but I was given good directions from the vendors.  Just Google it to find out more.

Next weekend, Sept 12-13 is the last Mukwonago WI flea market for the season.  Sept 12 is also an art/craft fair at Northwind Perennial Farm in Burlington WI.  I like this event.  It's a wonderful place to spend the day.

I will keep you posted on the fall open house at Carriage House Antiques.  It will be in Sept.  We have some wonderful treasures to add just for the event.  It will be loads of fun.  As soon as everything is finalized, I'll be sure to blog about it. My 1 year anniversary with Carriage House Antiques is Sept 18.  I can't believe that a year has past since it has been so much fun.  It doesn't feel like that much time has past.

Happy treasure hunting!


1 comment:

  1. I love this time of year for all the flea markets and barn sales we have around my area.
    Going to a few this weekend and maybe I will find another rusty scale too. Love yours!!

    ReplyDelete