Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thrift Store Stops

We took a few detours on our way home from Mount Prospect today.  We stopped at the Goodwill, but only Ethan found a computer game for $3.  Then, we stopped at the Sparrows Nest in Palatine on Route 14.  That is the only Sparrows Nest that I hadn't been to yet.  It is a nice store with a great selection.  Unfortunately, I didn't find anything there either.  Next to Barrington.  I hadn't been to the House of Hope (Rt 59 right off of the downtown) in a while.  Blue tickets were 1/2 off.  I found 2 items, but without blue tags.  I found a seashell box for $6 and an Everlast bamboo aluminum round tray for $4.  Austin found a Nerf gun for 50 cents.  I was happy that our treasure hunt turned up something.  Our last stop was at CatchaPenny in downtown Barrington.  It is around the corner from the House of Hope.  Everything was half off.  But, nothing for us.

We had fun exploring a few new thrift stores.  You never know what you will find.  I can't wait for tomorrow and the St. Mary/Montini rummage sale on Route 31 in McHenry.  We each have our bags ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment