Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Woodstock Garage Sales

We had a blast today!  There were a lot of sales in Woodstock that we went to.  We had stopped at one on Lily Pond Road and found so many things.  I found a milk glass pedestal cake plate for $2, fabric for 50 cents each, new in the package Bayblade toys for the kids at $1 each, brand new t'shirts for the boys of video games that they play for $2 each and a Dolce and Gabbana handbag brand new for $2.  I was so excited about the handbag.  It is brown patent leather.  What a find!

I found a glass covered container at another sale for $2 and I put my seashells into it.  I found a lot of shells when I was in Florida and needed another container for them.  Ethan found a handmade wooden turtle for 50 cents to add to his turtle collection.  I also found a vintage Christmas hankie and a Felix the Cat hankie for 50 cents each.  The kids found a Pokemon plush for 50 cents.  Sometimes you have to go to a lot of sales before you find something good.  In the afternoon, we went to some sales in Crystal Lake, but didn't find anything.  That's how it is.

I'm happy with my finds today.  Sunday I will be at the Elkhorn Flea market having more fun.    

No comments:

Post a Comment