Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Back From Vacation in Florida

I am back from my 2 week vacation in sunny Florida.  We were in Palm Beach for about 1 week then a few days at Disney and Universal Studios. 

The first day there, we went to the last day of the Palm Beach Flea Market.  Wow, was it expensive.  I was afraid to walk around and bump something.  Austin found the only deal of the day.  He got a Swiss movement Star Trek Spock watch for $20.  It is in great condition and the dealer gave him a deal because he was a kid.  There were a lot of thrift stores in Palm Beach on Dixie Highway, but I have to tell you, the prices were way too high from what I usually find.  The stores were pretty crowded, and I came home empty handed except for a Pokemon juice glass that I found at Netties on Dixie Highway.  It was surprising to find a great garden area out back with wonderful iron furniture and great pottery.  But again, the prices were too high compared to the thrift stores here in Illinois.  I was pretty disappointed.  I did find a great import store in Lake Worth that had nice jewelry and scarves for reasonable prices, so I did buy some things from there.  A few doors away is a consignment thrift store and I found a nice starfish pin for $4.  The prices there were a lot more reasonable.  It is a nice area to walk around and they have a Kilwins ice cream parlor and a Starbucks. 

On Saturday, after I took the boys to Pokemon, I stopped at a parking lot sale in a park in Cary.  I found 2 video games for $5 each and 2 red doilies and 2 great vintage Mammy aprons for a total of $5.  I was so happy to get back to garage saleing.  I was starting to have withdrawals.

Thursday June 21 is the rummage sale at St. Mary's/Montini School in McHenry.  I love this sale and will definitely be waiting on line.  Come by to say hi and to find some great treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment