Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Thrift Store Treasures Plus Ice Cream

We made a stop at the Goodwill in Huntley today and found some nice items.  The past few times we left empty handed.  Not today.  I found a pink flower with gold trim painted pitcher for $4.99, 2 carnival glass bowls for $1.99 each and the kids found some card game for 99 cents for each pack/action figure.  Then we stopped at Sweet Repeats and I found a cute apron for $4, 4 yards of Raggedy Ann and Andy fabric for $4, a duck planter for $1 and a Donald Duck hankie for 50 cents.

Since the kids were such good sports, we bought ice cream at the Dairy Mart.  They have the best cookie dough "blizzard like" ice cream (say the kids) and I love their peanut butter milk shake.  The place always has a crowd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment