Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Birthday Fun!

Yesterday was my birthday!  The sun was shining and the weather was great.  I even had my car windows down while driving to an estate sale.  I couldn't ask for anything better.

I went to the Sparrows Nest in Cary and found a few pins and a necklace.  I also found a great aqua vintage pottery vase for $6.  (I only spent $18 since I used my 10% coupon).  Later in the afternoon I had a chance to go to a Caring Transitions estate sale in McHenry.  I found some more great vintage pins (they were $5-$6 each).  Upstairs in a bedroom I found 3 aluminum Wendell August Forge coaster for $8.  The homeowner had glued them to a black ribbon, but I tried to pull the ribbon away from them and saw that I could.  At home, I took off the ribbon and the glue washed away with soap and water.  It was a nice find.  They are now in my china cabinet for aluminum only.

I've been trying to finish up making the felt stars with vintage ornaments.  Today was the day to sit and do that since it was raining for most of the day.  They really came out nice. I am so thrilled with them.  Now I can begin the next project...so many to choose from.   

No comments:

Post a Comment