Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's Spring In My House!

I couldn't wait any longer for spring to arrive, so I put away all signs of winter in my house and brought out the springtime items.  I always love to decorate for the change in seasons, but so much more this time.  I love the winter and the snow, but I'm ready to wear lighter, brighter clothes and to get my hands in the soil.  I want to plant a lot this year and change some of my gardens around.  I am wishfully hoping to start during spring break at the end of March. 

So, on this white out snowy day, I'm baking peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (I found the most delicious recipe in Better Homes and Gardens).  As I look around my house and see signs of spring: birds, rabbits and flowers, I'm dreaming of a green spring and the rummage sales next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment