Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sales Are Coming!

I'm so excited.  In 2 weeks, rummage sale season begins.  I already had the church sale in Prairie Grove on March 7th on my calendar starting at 9am, but now I can add the Methodist Church on 1st Street in Cary for the same day at 1pm.  Most years, both sales are on the same day, just at different start times.  This way, I can go to both.  What a great way to start off the rummage sale season; not with 1 sale, but with 2!  I will be seeing my rummage sale friends twice that day.  Oh happy day!!!!

Today was a fun stop at The Sparrows Nest in Cary.  I have been trying to go every other week.  They had so many vintage linens of all kinds.  I found a really nice green crochet flower doily for $3.50.  I really am being picky since I purged many linens over the winter.  I don't like to spend much on them.  I also found a pink milk glass vase for $6.  I spent a little more on this vase then usual since pink milk glass is hard to find.  It was in good condition.  The thrift shops should start to get more donations since the warmer weather is coming.  People will be cleaning out their homes.  It pays to stop by quite often.  They have winter clothes on sale now.

I'm still getting ready for the Mchenry County wide garage sale on March 16 at the Holiday Inn in Crystal Lake from 7-1pm.  So many things to take to sell.  I hope I can fit it all into my van and still have room for my kids to help me.



No comments:

Post a Comment