Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Friday, March 8, 2013

All That Glitters....

All that glitters......it has to be wonderful vintage costume jewelry.  Boy do I love vintage costume jewelry!  That has become an even bigger obsession recently.  I just looked through all of my collection and it always amazes me on how wonderful each piece is.  The more sparkly and large the better.  I especially love pins and bracelets. 

My friend Cecilia was helping another friend price vintage pieces that had belonged to her friend's mom.  Her friend is also selling at the McHenry County garage sale on March 16.  I was so kindly invited over to (help) and to look at her collection.  Wow!!!!!! She has so many wonderful pieces.  It was never ending.  Each time we opened a box, we were excited.  I had the most wonderful day.  I was so thrilled to have been welcomed into this, shall I say, event.  It will be exciting to see more of her collection at the garage sale.  I added 12 new pieces to my collection and I am so excited.   Her prices are good and fair.  Cecilia knows my taste in jewelry pretty well and was right on when I picked out the same pieces as she did for me to add to my collection.  Thank you sooooooo much, Cecilia. 

I did stop at the Mother Load estate sale in Woodstock and only found 2 old gardening books.  I also look for gardening books to add to my growing collection.  They were only $1 each.

Tomorrow and Sunday is a Caring Transitions estate sale in Crystal Lake.  March 23 is an indoor garage sale at McHenry Middle School in McHenry.  I don't usually find many treasures at this sale, but, you never know what you will find.  I guess that is what keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment