Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

First Rummage Sales of the Season

Wow!  Today sure was fun.  The sun was shining so it made standing in line waiting to get into the rummage sales warmer.  I had a great time catching up with my rummage sale friends.  Standing on line passes quickly when you have someone to talk to.  We compared notes on our finds at the morning rummage sale at Faith Community United Church of Christ in Prairie Grove.  Their fall rummage sale is on Sept 12th and 13th.  Mark your calendars.

At that sale, I found a few books and Pokemon cards and spent a whole $3.50.  In the afternoon, it was the rummage sale in Cary.  I only found a box of labeled specimen rocks for $1.  It was just nice to be out even though I didn't find many things at the sales today.

I did stop at the Sparrows Nest in Cary on the way home and found a great milk glass piece for $4.  They are all decorated for Easter, so if you need Easter themed items, go now.  I also stopped at the Sparrows Nest in McHenry and found a New York snow globe that plays music (it works!) for $4. It even has the Twin Towers in it.  I'm going to put it into Austin's Easter basket.  He'll love it.

Tomorrow is an Estate Sale in Woodstock by Mother Lode on Lincoln.  I'm looking forward to it.  Friday, March 15th is the Algonquin Library book sale.  (It opens on Thursday night but they charge a few on that night).  Then, I'm selling at the McHenry Wide Garage Sale on Saturday March 16th at the Holiday Inn in Crystal Lake from 7am to 1pm.  I keep finding treasures to bring with me, but I can't fit it all into my van.  I'm going to try to pack it full; as I do each year.  The fun is trying to fit it all into my booth.  Everyone gets a kick out of watching me trying to cram it all into the booth.  Somehow, it always works.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment