Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Springtime in the Greenhouse

Today the Master Gardeners had a field trip to Hampshire Farms in Hampshire, IL.  What a perfect day for a field trip to a greenhouse.  It is soooo cold and blustery.  On top of that, a semi carrying a load of cheese was on its side near to Hampshire Farms and the road was closed.  After driving round about, I finally managed to get there.  What a treat it was!  So many flowers in bloom that it felt like spring had arrived.  Not to mention that it was warm in there.  There were so many in bloom hydrangeas that I wanted all of them. 

Hampshire Farms sells wholesale only to Home Depot.  It is a very large operation and we were lucky to have had a tour of the place.  1 1/2 hours of springtime bliss.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment