Follow me on my pathtojunkentreasure as I hunt for treasures at flea markets, garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, estate sales and even on the side of the road. I'll share my love of ironstone, hammered aluminum, vintage Christmas, vintage jewelry, doilies and tablecloths, flower frogs, garden items and anything rusty and chippy. You can find me at Carriage House Antiques in Crystal Lake Illinois. Please join me on my pathtojunkentreasure!

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Big Sale Today

Boy am I tired!  Today was the McHenry Wide Garage sale at the Holiday Inn in Crystal Lake.  The boys and I started to set up at 5am.  They were such a big help.  I couldn't have done it without them.  We sold sooooo much stuff.  I am very happy that the big stuff went.  Especially a bike that was Austin's.  I also sold a lot of clothes.  Everything that was left over went to the Salvation Army and the Sparrows Nest in McHenry.  I am so happy that my house is cleaned out...for now. 

The boys had a great time and spent my money on some Pokemon stuff and other things.  They really love helping out at these sales and getting good deals.  I heard them bargaining and they did a great job.  I am so proud of them.  I did have a quick chance to look around after Caldwell relieved me.  I only found 2 vintage pins for 50 cents each.  More to use on my felted bags.

Last night, the boys and I went to the Algonquin Library book sale and bought quite a few books and video games.  Another fun sale.  We ended with cookies and lemonade, as usual.  We really look forward to these sales.  The next one is for July 18-21. 

The next garage sale is at McHenry Middle School in McHenry on Saturday March 23rd and then there is one at the Park Place in Crystal Lake on Thursday March 28 at 8am.

No comments:

Post a Comment